Experience the charm and warmth of a fire pit in your backyard, adding character and creating a cozy ambiance. Whether you prefer a traditional stone pit or a grand outdoor fireplace, incorporating design elements like string lights, throw pillows, and potted plants can transform your outdoor space into a true oasis.
We have curated a collection of top fire pit design ideas, highlighting our range of Unilock fire pits available today. Regardless of whether you lean towards rustic, natural, or classic designs, we have the inspiration you need to elevate your outdoor experience.
Elevate Your Outdoor Fire Pit in Ottawa with Unilock Fire Pits
Embrace a Sunken Fire Pit
Drawing inspiration from the iconic conversation pits of the 1970s, a sunken fire pit creates a unique environment where guests can gather and relax. Opt for a fire pit with a wide lip, approximately 8 inches, ideal for conveniently resting drinks. To enhance the cozy atmosphere during evening hours, consider installing patio lighting underneath your outdoor seating.
Express Your Style with Cushions and Rugs
Elevate your seating area by incorporating outdoor cushions and layered rugs. Layering rugs adds depth and texture to your outdoor space - start with a larger rug as the base and layer smaller rugs on top. Experiment with different colors, patterns, and textures until you find a combination that matches your style. Complete the cozy vibe with pillows and throw blankets made to withstand outdoor elements, opting for waterproof, UV-resistant, and easy-to-clean fabrics like acrylic or polyester.
Enrich Your Concrete Fire Pit with a Mosaic Pattern
Add a touch of artistic flair to your concrete fire pit by transforming it into a mosaic masterpiece. Follow these steps to create a stunning mosaic tile pattern:
- Purchase mosaic tiles from your local home improvement store.
- Apply a layer of tile adhesive to your fire pit using a notched trowel.
- Carefully place the tiles on the fire pit, starting from the center and working your way out. Leave a small gap, around 1mm, between the tiles for the grout. For smaller pieces or specific shapes, use a wet saw to cut the tiles, ensuring you wear safety goggles.
- Allow the tiles to dry completely for 24 hours before applying grout.
- Spread grout over the entire surface, ensuring it fills the spaces between the tiles. Wipe off any excess grout with a damp sponge.
- Let the grout dry for 48 to 72 hours. Once dry, apply a grout sealer following the manufacturer's instructions. For a smooth surface to apply mosaic tiles, consider Unilock products like Pisa Smooth™ and Lineo™ Dimensional Stone.
Position Your Fire Pit Near the Pool
Extend the enjoyment of a cool afternoon dip by placing your fire pit near the pool. After hosting a pool party, your guests can move to the fire pit area for intimate conversations as the night unfolds. The combination of fire and water creates a visually stunning atmosphere, with the dancing flames reflecting off the water, elevating your poolside evenings.
Create a Sectioned-Off Outdoor Space
Establishing a dedicated fire pit "room" in your backyard expands your living space and enhances the indoor-outdoor transition. Define the area by incorporating bamboo partitions, tall planters around the perimeter, a pergola, or garden walls.
Illuminate with Outdoor Lighting
Enhance your outdoor space at night with carefully selected outdoor landscape lighting. Lighting fixtures not only elevate the ambiance but also contribute to safety. Consider options such as string lights, tiki torches, patio lighting, lanterns, and spotlights. Step lights can guide your guests with a warm and inviting path, while spotlights can accentuate key features of your outdoor space. String lights create an intimate and romantic look and feel.